- Airway & Breathing Management
- Medical Bags & Kits
- Medical Gases & Delivery Systems
- Travel Health Care Products
- Infection Control
- IV/IO Equipment
- Haemorrhage Control
- Dressings & Consumables
- Defibrillators & Diagnostics
- Patient Handling & Immobilisation
- Major Incident Equipment
- Clinic Furniture & Accessories
- First Aid Products
- Drybags & Pouches
- Mobile Phone & GPS Cases
- Tablet Cases
- Ortlieb Waterproof Holdalls
- Ortlieb Waterproof Rucksacks
- Torches & Illumination
- Petzl Headtorches & Accessories
- Petzl Classic Headtorches
- Petzl Compact & Durable Headtorches
- Petzl Tactical Headtorches
- Petzl Versatile & Performance Headtorches
- VHF & Specialist Cases
- Training Equipment
Exmed UK believes that an organisation is only as good as the people who work for it. We are proud to boast a multi-disciplinary team of experts capable of providing integrated solutions across the spectrum of remote area medical risk.
Our people have all had senior level experience in a broad range of organisations including the National Health Service, the Ministry of Defence, UK Special Forces, law enforcement agencies, the hydrocarbon industry and the humanitarian sector.
Ged Healy – Managing Director
Ged Healy is Exmed’s Managing Director. He directs all business strategies and has developed Exmed from conception to becoming a global leader of medical services.
A founder member of Exmed, Ged Healy served 14 years with Defence Medical Services, including 5 years with UK Special Forces in a medical capacity. He has provided medical care and expedition expertise on almost every continent and his qualifications include:
– Diploma in Immediate Care Royal College Surgeons Edinburgh;
– Diploma in Emergency & Primary Health Care;
– State Registered Paramedic. Health & Care Professions Council;
– Medicine In Remote Area’s Director (MIRA);
– Major Incident Medical Management faculty Instructor (MIMMS).
David Jones – Chief Operating Officer
A founder member, David oversees all medical staff recruitment and operational medical deployments.
Before joining Exmed, during his 18-years service in the UK military, including 8 years with UK Special Forces in a medical capacity, David worked throughout the world including two years in the jungles of Borneo and Malaysia. His qualifications include:
– State Registered Paramedic (HCPC);
– Diploma in Primary & Emergency Health Care;
– Major Incident Medical Management Faculty Instructor;
– Tropical Medicine course (Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine);
– Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching (FE).
Karilyn Secker – Retail Development Manager
Karilyn is one of our Retail Development Managers, and with over 15 years working within a retail management environment is responsible for the customer focus of the company, being the main POC in regards to equipment enquiries and quotations in the Middle East, as well as developing links with new clients.
– BA – Fashion business and consumer Law
Shaun Taylor – Retail Development Manager
Shaun is one of our Retail Development Managers, and one of Exmed’s longest serving employees with 10 + years experience within the industry . Shaun is responsible for Key account management & Product Development, being the main POC in regards to equipment enquiries and quotations in Europe and Africa.
Louise Shaw-Jones B.Sc Adult Nursing – Clinic Nurse Manager
Louise has worked at Exmed since 2005. Initially as one of the senior lecturers in the training team, Louise then moved onto set up our Travel Clinic and became the Clinical Nurse Manager. During this period Louise ran the travel Clinic at Exmed as well as managed all occupational Health pre/post deployment medicals, for all employee’s or subcontractors taken on by Exmed.
After a brief period of maternity leave she has returned to work as the International Projects manager now managing all international projects for corporate clients requiring medical staff on their projects. Louise has managed a number of clinics abroad in area’s such as Algeria, Afghanistan & more recently Iraq.
Prior to working at Exmed Louise Graduated from The university Of Worcester in 2004. She then went on to work as an Agency nurse in a number of roles including A&E, Trauma & Orthopaedics, District Nursing, Respiratory Medicine and on the medical wards. She has travelled extensively with exmed around the world, working in varying roles to support the company’s operational deployments. Her diversity of experience and clinical proficiency, make her an integral part of the Exmed team